Friday, April 12, 2013

Chocolate Chip Almond Flour Cookie- Gluten and Dairy Free

Okay...so this was a total experiment with some almond flour and a late night cookie craving.  I must say it turned out pretty darn good.  I could almost say that this could be one of the healthiest cookies out there. Yes, even the best and cleanest eaters out there still need an cookie!
 
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.  Also it makes about 36 cookies so be ready give a ton away or cut the recipe in half or do what I did and pretty much eat them all.
 

7 cups almond flour
4 1/4 cups gluten free oats
1tsp kosher salt
1 tbsp corn starch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup chopped super small walnuts
1/4 cup vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup agave
1 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips ( I used EnjoyLife)

Pre-heat oven to 325. Mix dry ingredients in a stand mixer with paddle attachment.  Add liquid ingredients and paddle until well combined.  Dump dough onto a clean surface and roll into a 1/2 inch thick sheet.  Cut cookies with a ring mold and transfer to a lined sheet pan.  Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.  

Makes about 36 -3inch cookies.  I calculated the calories per cookie at around 150.

No comments:

Post a Comment