Sunday, April 28, 2013

Raw Cashew Milk with Cinnamon

I recently finished a 3 day juice cleanse from Urban Remedy.  One of the only "juices" I really looked forward to was no. 6.  It was the last one of the day.  It was a raw cashew milk drink.  I absolutely loved it and so did my 18 month old.  So as starving as I was (tummy rumbling) I only got half of this little treasure I had to share.  I really couldn't tell her no!  So I thought to myself, I could totally make this.  WOW!  It was easy and took less then 10 minutes.  It's amazing!  Plus it has so many health benefits.  I now warm up a glass for my girls and myself before bed.  It's extremely relaxing and fills the tummy up with a great source of protein.  

So why should I drink this you ask...here are a few great reasons why!

Cashews are full of heart-healthy oleic acid, low in cholesterol and high in magnesium.  Raw cashews are high in phytosterols, which lower LDL cholesterol and may help prevent cancer.  The high antioxidant levels in cashews may be protective against a wide range of diseases, including cancer, stroke, heart disease and immune disorders.
Cinnamon can lower cholesterol, reduce blood sugar, aid in weight loss, help prevent heart disease, help fight cancer, prevent tooth decay, anti-clotting, anti-bacterial, arthritis relief, helps in infertility and aids in memory just to name a few.

As Hippocrates said "Let food be thy medicine"



2 cups of Raw Cashews
6 cups of Water ( not tap)
2 vanilla beans  (if you have them)
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
1 tablespoon Vanilla
pinch of salt
1-2 droppers of liquid stevia (or 1-2 tablespoons of raw agave or honey)

Place all ingredients in a vitamix (or blender) and blend until blended and looks like milk.  Will last in the fridge of about a week if it lasts that long.  Use in place of milk.  I like a cup of it before bed or in my morning protein shake.  Use in cereal etc.....


No comments:

Post a Comment